Thursday, June 14, 2012

Love In Disguise by Carol Cox




Ellie Moore finds herself jobless in Chicago, but when she overhears some men talking about needing a woman for a job with the Pinkerton Detective Agency.  Ellie believes that her background in theater will give her a unique advantage as a detective, however the Pinkerton Detective Agency doesn't see it the same way, at least at first. But when Ellie comes back dressed as Lavinia Steward, a middle-aged widow, the agency has a change of heart and sends her to Arizona for her first assignment. Because Ellie was supposed to go with a seasoned detective whose change of plans won't allow her to go, Ellie has to create a second character, Lavinia's niece, Jessie Monroe to help get information out of the townspeople. When she arrives in Arizona, Steven Pierce, a local mine owner, is the first to really give Ellie a picture of what is going on with the silver robberies.
Will Ellie acting as Lavinia and Jessie be able to solve the mystery and discover who is behind the silver robberies?

This is a book that I was looking forward to reading just based on the front cover and I was not disappointed. I loved the mystery and the disguises. But  it was the last 100 pages or so that had me so focused I didn't want to put the book down until I finished reading it.
This book is filled with mystery, a bit of crime, some romance, and a town full of interesting people. I give this book 4.5 stars.
I received this book from the author for the purpose of this review.

No comments: