Sunday, October 24, 2010

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study: 2 Peter 1:3-15 Commentary
(I’m going to take a break from the Beth Moore study
Memory Verse: 2 Corinthians 3:2-3 “You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all. And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.”
Family Encouragement:
I want to try to do different things, but I’m not sure what? Any suggestions? 
Personal Goals:
Look into how to make my photographs into greeting cards/post cards to sell them.
New Habit of the Month:
Keep a daily to do list (I’ve gotten back into this the last couple days. I’m trying to be more intentional about getting things done.
Must Do:
Finish Philippines Journal (I actually have started working on it. I’m glad I wrote down notes of what I wanted to write about.)
Finish reading Ordering Your Private World
Zone: Bedside table
Menu:
Turkey/Ham (Thursday as it needs time to thaw out)
Biscuits and Stew
Fish
Ravioli 
Fun things:
  1. Watching a movie with mom possibly Tuesday
  2. Packages coming.
  3. Breakfast with a friend this week
3 Things I’m Thankful For:
  1. My photo date with Marisa. (She came down to visit me and we went downtown to take some pictures of some old buildings and then got some coffee and did a bit of shopping before she had to go back home. It was a cold day to do it, but we still had fun and I got about 80 pictures before we got too cold.
  2. Having a place to live (for free)
  3. Parents that haven’t kicked me out yet. (I’m frustrated that I can’t find a job, that I’m 25 and still living at home, but thankfully my parents are understanding and patient)
Prayer Requests:
  1. That I find a job (I had a job interview last week at Target for a Cashier position, but I got an email Saturday that they didn’t hire me. It’s been really frustrating that I can’t get a basic job. I feel like it is either that I don’t have the right job experience - usually for ministry type jobs, or I am too educated for basic entry level type jobs)
  2. That I’ll be able to afford a car within the next year

No comments: