Bible Study: Beth Moore’s 90 Day Study on Jesus. (this will last me until right before Christmas if I keep up with it. Then I want to finish Beloved Disciple)
Memory Verse: Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do no break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Wednesday Ppt for Dad
Willingly go out to work on the car port, without complaining
Clean up some of the kitchen/bathroom for mom
Help plan Menu
Make my room livable
Work on my to do list
Study chapter 1 of The Joy of Signing
New Habit of the Month:
Keep a daily to do list (I have things I want to get done throughout the month, need to break that down into smaller, weekly or daily tasks)
These are my goals for October
Read: Ordering Your Private World
Finish Legacy Drawer
Philippines Journal (it’s been almost a year since I went to the Philippines, time to finish writing about it in my journal)
Sort through boxes in front of dresser (i’ve been sick last week, so I didn’t get as much of this done
Ground Beef Stew & Biscuits
Saucy Pepper Steak with Rice (recipe below)
Angel Hair, Chicken & Broccoli
Crab cakes and Potatoes or Pasta (maybe Mac & Cheese)
- Getting ingredients to make a chai mix!
- Possibly seeing friends while I’m out on Monday
- Typing up more recipes to try
3 Things I’m Thankful For:
- Books to read
- Finding cheap Cardamom
- Being home.
Saucy Pepper Steak
Prep: 20 min.
Total: 35 minutes
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1 small onion, cut into strips
1 lb. well-trimmed boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 Tbsp. lite soy sauce
1/2 cup Kraft Original Barbecue sauce
2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onions; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Transfer to large bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Add meat, garlic and black pepper to same skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add soy sauce; cook 1 minute or until meat is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add barbecue sauce; cook until heated through.
- Spoon meat mixture into bowl with vegetables; toss gently. Serve over rice.
Makes 4 servings.