Monday, September 26, 2011

Composing Amelia by Alison Strobel

What would you do if everything you had worked to achieve was all for the wrong reasons? This is the case for Amelia and her husband, Marcus. These newlyweds are recent college grads trying to make it in LA while looking for their dream jobs. Both get job offers, Amelia to play piano for a theater troupe in LA, and Marcus to pastor in a small town in Nebraska. Both Amelia and Marcus are so sure that God has opened the door for them to pursue their own dream that they agree to follow their dreams at the risk of hurting their marriage. But will that make them happy or will it have consequences that neither one of them counted on?
I consider this to be the best of Strobel’s four books that I have read so far (though I am told I will like Reinventing Rachel just as much). I couldn’t wait to start reading this book and didn’t want to put it down once I started. Alison Strobel has quickly become one of my favorite writers on par with Karen Kingsbury and Francine Rivers. I can’t wait to read the rest of her books and see what else she comes out with in the future!!
I received this book from a friend who got this book directly from the author. Thank you so much!

No comments: