Thursday, May 3, 2012

Travelers Rest by Ann Tatlock


Jane Morrow is engaged to Seth Ballantine and looking forward to their wedding day. But when he comes home from Iraq as a quadriplegic everything has changed. Seth doesn't want to see Jane, but Jane is still holding on to her dreams of marrying him. She is determined to honor her commitment by marrying Seth and taking care of him. But when she continues to go see him, it is not as much Seth who changes, though he does, but its Jane who changes as she meets a lawyer who plays the piano in the VA hospital, and a retired doctor who finds out that it is never too late for forgiveness.
While I wasn't totally sure what this book was about when I first looked at it, he cover is what made me what to request it. And this book did not disappoint me. I fell in love with the story. Tatlock wrote a great story that had subtle connections that I didn't totally see coming until she revealed them.
I give this book 4.5 stars.
I received this book from the author herself for the purpose of this review.

No comments: