Monday, October 24, 2011

Refuge on Crescent Hill by Melanie Dobson





What do Stephanie, a college student researching a family mystery in Columbia, SC and Camden, a photographer in NYC have in common? A house that was a stop on the underground railroad and a runaway slave who stole a family’s treasure. Camden, after not getting paid for her last photography job and having no other jobs lined up, decides the only place she can go is the one place she felt safe growing up, her grandmother’s home, Crescent Hill. However, when she arrives, things are not as she expected. Will she be able to figure out her next step? How will Stephanie’s journey help or harm Camden’s? Will both women be able to find the answers they are looking for?
While the first couple chapters took the time to set up the characters and the story line, once I got into the story, I was hooked. It was a quick read and I managed to read most of the book in just a few hours. I was intrigued by the story line and wondered how things would all work out. Would the bad guys find what they were looking for or would the truth be found out? Once I got into the book, I didn’t want to put it down. It was a great mystery that had me hooked! I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes mysteries or historical novels set around the Civil War. Dobson did a great job of weaving faith and suspense into a great novel!


I received this book from Kregel for the purpose of this review.

No comments: