Friday, October 21, 2011

Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii by Robin Jones Gunn


Let me just say, I read this whole book in under 3 hours! And I had a huge smile the whole time. I planned on just reading the first hundred pages or so before going to bed, but I could not put the book down! For those of you who grew up reading Robin Jones Gunn’s books about Christy Miller, Sierra Jensen, and Katie Weldon, this book picks up 4 years later after Sierra goes to Brazil. 
Sierra has spent the last four years as a missionary in Brazil. Her friend, Mariana, who has helped Sierra as her translator over the years, convinces Sierra to go on a vacation to Sunset Beach, Hawaii. This vacation comes at the perfect time for Sierra. She has some decisions to make about her future in Brazil or what her next step might be. Mariana’s intention is to go to Hawaii to meet guys and have a good time. Will both girls find what they are looking for? Or will God surprise them at Sunset Beach?
I grew up reading Gunn’s Christy Miller, Sierra Jensen and Katie Weldon books starting first at the end of elementary school and junior high and continuing over the last 15 years. They are books that I have read and reread, revisiting those old friends. Reading Sunset Beach was like catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. I can’t wait to read Gunn’s book, Cottage by the Sea (Summer 2012) which tells what happens next in a book about Erin Bryce, Jordan’s mother. Robin, you did a great job on this book!!! I can’t wait to keep reading!!


I received a copy of this book free for the purpose of this review.

No comments: