Sunday, July 29, 2012

Forsaking All Others by Allison Pittman



This is definitely a book that should be read after reading the first book in the series, For Time and Eternity, as this book picks up right where the first book ends. In this second book, Camilla Fox is rescued from the near fatal snow storm after having left the Mormon faith desiring to return to her parents home. In the care of Colonel Charles Brandon, Fox must first recover after the snow storm before trying to make her way to her childhood home. Camilla desperately desires to have a home of her own in which she can care for her two girls. But before they can be with her, she will have to return to Salt Lake City to fight for them.
I read both book one and two within 3 days. Once I started book one, I didn't want to stop. Sadly, when I did finish book one, I didn't have book two with me, so I had to wait a few agonizing hours before being able to start the next book. These books make me feel sorry for those who get caught up in the lies of Mormonism and feel they have no way out, once they see the truth. Camilla found love from Nathan, but when her parents objected to the relationship, she felt it was simply because he was a Mormon. Camilla didn't understand what her parents saw, and they weren't able to articulate it to her. If that were different, Camilla might have made a different choice.
I give this book 5 stars. I loved it! I can't wait to read what Allison Pittman writes next!

No comments: