Saturday, December 31, 2011

Leaving by Karen Kingsbury

Bailey Flanigan Series #1
Leaving is the first book in Karen Kingsbury’s Bailey Flanigan series. Bailey’s dreams of signing and dancing on Broadway are about to come true when she wins an audition for the musical Hairspray and has to move to NYC. Meanwhile, Cody takes a coaching job at a small high school near the jail where is mother is so he can be closer to her. Both Bailey and Cody experience the loneliness of being in a new town while being homesick for their family and friends back home.
This was a good start to Bailey’s story that has been a long time in coming. Though I think the series as a whole gets too drawn out, this book was enjoyable.
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Merrillee said...

I'm reading this book right now. I had no idea that there won't be a resolution to the story in this book. I have to read the next one, too? Or the next one? I've only just started so, we'll see. Thanks for the review.