Friday, December 9, 2011

Allergy Friendly Food for Families: 120 Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Egg-Free, and Soy-Free Recipes Everyone Will Love

This seemed like an interesting cookbook for families with food allergies. However, upon first glance I was very disappointed. A lot of the ingredients, I would have no idea where to find in my local grocery stores. Now if you have specialty stores or a Whole Foods store near by, then this might be more useful. Also if you have members of your family with multiple food allergies, this also may be helpful. It has recipes that are gluten free, dairy free, nut free, eggs free, and soy free, and any combination of the above. I did like that it was a cookbook for families, and had tips on how to teach your kids about different foods and what to do with them. The cookbook has recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, snacks, and parties.
While I don’t have any food allergies, I have friends and family who do. But unless they know where to find some of the ingredients that are frequently used in here, ones that I have never heard of or never used, this cookbook isn’t going to be of great use to them.
This cookbook comes out in April 2010


I received the galleys of this book free from Net Galley for the purpose of this review.

1 comment:

Gluten Free said...

Nice Blog
This is nice article , thanks for sharing this recipe , its really great recipe........

Gluten Free Recipes