Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Parmesasn-Crusted Chicken

I tried this for the first time today. YUMMY!!! I didn't have parsley, so I left that out and I cut up the chicken breasts into smaller pieces that were more about the size of chicken nuggets. YUMMY. Would like to see what these would be like baked or what I might need to change, if anything to bake them.
Hope you enjoy it. Tell me what you think.

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken
Ingredients:
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon parsley
8 thin-sliced skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup panko bread crumbs (Be sure to use Japanese bread crumbs, (panko). These have a much bigger flake than traditional crumbs and make a crisper coating.)
3 tablespoons olive oil
Yield: 4 serivings
Directions:
  1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs and parsley. Add a generous amount of salt (or garlic salt) and pepper. Place one piece of chicken at a time into the Parmesan mixture and coat with the crumbs.
  3. Add 2 to 3 chicken pieces to the pan at a time; don’t crowd.
  4. Cook for about 4 minutes per side.

No comments: